Join Our Team
When we have available job opportunities they will be listed here.
Be a part of a friendly and casual atmosphere! Bennerotte & Associates, P.A., is a successful top-rated law firm with five attorneys. You will have your own, spacious office in our beautiful building in Eagan. We have an immediate opening for a full-time paralegal with a minimum of three years of experience in personal injury. Great benefits and pay commensurate with experience. Flexibility, hybrid/partially remote and summer hours are an option.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Case management - handles personal injury cases from start to finish.
- Independently prioritizes workload. Functions as a professional team player within a highly engaged environment. Understands case file management with investigating facts of the case and reviewing medical records, medical bills, and subrogation interests.
- Client contact throughout the duration of the case is a priority. Develops communications and relationships with the clients by obtaining regular updates regarding their treatment. Assists the client with property damage, wage loss and/or replacement services claims. Informs the client of the claims process throughout the duration of their case, to include liability, medical treatment, independent medical examinations, arbitration, settlement demands and litigation.
- Handles No-Fault arbitrations. Works with legal assistants and attorneys to prepare files for the arbitration process.
- Responsible for writing Claimant’s Statement of the Case for arbitration hearings, drafting settlement demands for bodily injury, uninsured motorist, and/or underinsured motorist claims. Reviews and summarizes medical records on complex cases and/or cases in litigation as well as medical damages itemizations for the medical specials.
- Works with No-Fault insurers, Worker’s Compensation insurers, medical providers, health insurers, Medicare/CMS and subrogation companies to obtain outstanding balances and subrogation interests when concluding/attempting settlement of a case.
- Supports attorney by managing all phases of litigation and the litigation process. Drafts the Summons and Complaint as well as the discovery responses and mediation statements for the attorneys. Maintains the litigation file and collaborates with the attorney to keep the case moving. Works as a team with the legal assistant and attorney to prepare the case for trial. May attend trial with the attorney.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned/needed from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (minimum 3 years of litigation and/or litigation management) within personal injury area. A paralegal certificate is preferred but not required.
- Strong written, communication and analytical skills. Ability to establish effective, trusted client and team relationships.
- Proficient in Word/Excel.
- Strong ability to manage/organize multiple cases, in various stages, simultaneously.
- Detail oriented with a positive attitude and excellent work ethic.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, marital status, military or veteran status or any other legal-protected status.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com