ST. PAUL MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAWYER
Medical negligence, or medical malpractice as it is more commonly referred to, frequently results in devastating injuries or the death of a patient. National statistics have shown that medical errors kill between 48,000 and 100,000 people each year. Medical malpractice in Minnesota may occur in a number of ways.
- Failure to diagnose or the misdiagnosis of a disease or medical condition such as cancer
- Delay in diagnosing or misdiagnosing a disease or medical condition such as meningitis in infants
- Failure to provide appropriate treatment for a medical condition
- Unnecessary delay in treating a diagnosed medical condition
- Failure to obtain patient's consent
- A surgical error or anesthesia-related mishap during an operation
- Medication administration errors
- Drug interactions and complications
- Drug side effects
- Emergency room errors
Medical malpractice is an area of law where the patient has been harmed by the actions or inaction of a doctor, nurse, hospital negligence, clinic, psychologist, psychiatrist, therapist, chiropractor, nursing home or other medical provider. Medical negligence cases are complex and involve integrating law, medicine and science. To prove a medical negligence case, a patient must show that:
- The health care provider acted negligently
- An injury occurred
- The negligent act played a substantial part in causing the injury or damage done to the patient
Proving a medical provider was negligent requires another doctor or health care provider to testify regarding the care given and that the care fell below accepted standards in the medical community. Since medical malpractice cases are complicated and are often defended vigorously, it is important to gather information early and work with a legal team that you feel comfortable with and trust.
MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE AND MALPRACTICE REQUIRE SENSITIVE LEGAL HELP BY EXPERIENCED ATTORNEYS
The medical malpractice group of Bennerotte & Associates, P.A., represents individuals and the families of those injured or killed as a result of negligence committed by physicians and other health care providers. We recognize that injured people generally do not have the resources necessary to take on large corporate defendants, so we have made it a practice to underwrite the costs of such cases, and to accept payment only if our clients are successful in making a recovery against the negligent party. By taking this risk, we show that we believe in your case as much as you do. For more information, please visit our Medical Malpractice FAQs.
DO YOU HAVE A CASE?
Do not delay if you or a relative has been severely injured by a negligent health care provider, a dangerous drug or a defective medical device. Contact Bennerotte & Associates, P.A., to discuss how you can protect your rights and possibly recover compensation for your injuries. To schedule a free, confidential consultation contact us using our online form. You may also call us at 651 JUSTICE (651-587-8423).