St. Paul Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Medical care after any moving vehicle accident can be costly, but the costs can go up significantly for the victim of a motorcycle accident. Brain injuries and spinal cord injuries may require extensive rehabilitation and medical care, possibly for the victim’s entire life. This emotional and financial stress on the victim and the victim’s family can be considerable.
As with any type of motor vehicle accident, it is very important to work with an experienced motorcycle injury lawyer who understands Minnesota law as it pertains to motorcycle operators. Motorcycle riders must follow the same traffic rules as cars and trucks, and car and truck drivers are required to watch for motorcyclists. Motorcycle accidents often result in significant injury; the victim and family need quality legal help to guide them through the insurance claim process and get any due compensation.
Motorcycle Crash Injuries Are Often Severe
Motorcycle accidents usually result in severe injuries that can last a lifetime. Hiring a skilled Minnesota accident and personal injury attorney who understands the entire process improves the likelihood of receiving the full extent of compensation for your injuries, which could include:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Skin abrasions
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Partial paralysis
- Amputation and loss of limbs
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
Victims may be entitled to benefits such as:
- Medical expenses – emergency medical care, and long-term medical rehabilitation and care for accident-related injuries
- Lost wages – current wages (short-term recovery) and long-term wages due to inability to work because of injuries sustained
- Property damage – to replace or repair the motorcycle
- Pain and suffering – due to severe emotional trauma from the accident and resulting recovery therapies
- Punitive damages – due to extreme negligence of the other motorist
The victim of a motorcycle accident due to the negligent actions of another party may be entitled to compensation for damages and losses related to the accident. Several factors determine the extent of compensation a victim may be entitled to, including the severity of the injuries the victim sustained and the effect on the victim’s ability to perform the basic functions of his or her job.
Several factors are common causes of accidents:
- Motorcycle’s crashworthiness
- Single vs. multiple vehicle accidents (auto or truck)
- Problems with helmets and safety gear
- Road and weather conditions
- Driver or rider impairment
- Traffic violations by riders and drivers
- Diver not paying attention to motorcyclist
Contact A Lawyer Before You Sign Anything!
Were you or a family member severely injured in a motorcycle accident caused by a negligent driver? At Bennerotte & Associates, P.A., our lawyers are available to answer any questions you may have and explain necessary steps to protect your rights. Please call us at 651-364-6807 for a free, confidential consultation. You may also contact us with our online form. Do not speak, sign or agree to settle anything with an insurance company until you talk to an attorney.